Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Publix new coupon policy & I only spent $16.37 on $43.00 worth



As you can tell I'm getting really excited about the world of couponing! In large part because it saves my family money that we can place elsewhere, but also because I love unraveling the puzzle of it all! It's like learning how to coupon is like working a nice crossword puzzle or jigsaw puzzle or even a suduko puzzle! I love the thrill of it! Although, as I said in my last post that it takes time to learn the rules of the game, even learning the rules can be a fun puzzle.

Today, I just want to share with you the updates that I've learned about Publix Grocery store this week. Publix is a major grocery chain located in Tennessee -31 stores, Alabama 46 stores, South Carolina - 44 stores, Georgia - 187 stores and Florida with 745 stores

Of all the grocery store experiences I've had Publix is by far the best in customer service! Sorry Wal~Mart! It is always an experience when you shop there. That's a whole other blog for another day!


I've learned this week that publix will now only accept one manufacturers coupon and one store coupon per item! You used to be able to present several coupons for the same items and get credit for it. It's not all bad because if you shop on the sale items (which I'm learning that's how the master couponers do it) you still come out really good on this deal. So good that they can still end up owing you money! With the help of Julie, one of the awesome customer service leads at my Publix, I learned a lot about how to put this new rule into practice.

Last night I wanted to try it for myself so I went right when the store was closing so I could get the individualized help if I needed it. I'm happy to report I saved quite a bit on the items I purchased. Here are two examples of my savings.

I purchased 6 Yoplait yogurts at $.75 each which totaled $4.50. I had a store coupon for $1.00 and a manufactures coupon for $.50 which was doubled to $1.00. That was a total savings of $2.00 so I only spent $2.50 on yogurt which turned out to be $.41 since on each yogurt. Not bad!

I also tried out the multiple coupons for each item concept. I brought Welch's Grape Juice on sale at 2 for $4.00 (say that 3 times fast! lol). I brought 4 of them so that was an $8.00 value. I gave them 4 $1.00 off coupons! They accepted all of them since I had 4 items. That made my price $4.00 for $8.00 worth of Welch's. That equaled $1.00 per 64oz bottle! This was a great steal because without the sale this juice is $3.61 per bottle. When you take this item at it's original price you'll see that for 4 regularly prices bottles of Welch's Grape Juice at $3.61 each that total would have been $14.44. With the sale price bringing them down to $8.00 and my coupons bringing them down to 4.00. I saved $10.44 on Welch's Grape Juice this week!!!!

There are other rules that I'll speak on later after I try them.

Now this new rule has thrown a monkey wrench in my learning curve on couponing but once again it's just another piece of the puzzle and I love it!!!! I'll let you know how I make out at the end of this week!

Becoming a Coupon Diva at heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment